My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bar Hopping in Rio



After the official end of our GAP tour, our guide was super-awesome and took us out to go clubbing in Rio. I was sort of expecting some over the top MTV-techno, bumping club. Boy- was I in for a surprise! We hopped into a cab for the ride across town to Lapa.




The area also reminded me of a street in New Orleans, with open air restaurants mixing with clubs and live-music bars. Our final destination was Rio Scenarium, where we waited 30 minutes outside to pay a $25 cover charge. It was an awesome experience- 3 levels of unique Brazilian.




The live band and all the dancers added a great atmosphere, as well as the unique report-card system they used to keep your tab. The funky and unusual decor was like being in some unusual cultural museum, while kicking back drinks.




Great way to end our trip in Rio! I've got a few more posts of pictures, but that covers the major story line.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Zoe's surgery went well & I'll be home tonight to see her.

No comments: