My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Everything Else South America



I needed one last blog post to tie up all the fun things that didn't really fit anywhere else. I got the above great photo flying out of Buenos Aires. I didn't have my camera out and ready, but I managed to snag a few shots.




I'm so glad we flew over 9 de Julio Avenue. It cuts an impressive swath through the middle of an otherwise super-crowded town.



This bus on the Argentina / Brazil border cracked me up. I've seen double-decker buses and tour buses, but not a double-decker tour bus! There were tons of tour buses around Igauzu Falls brining tourists from all over both countries.





Much like the chessey rib shot in Uruguay, H was showing off his authentic Brazillian beer while were were dining in this *klassy* restaurant in the middle of Igauzu Falls park in Argentina. Though fairly nice inside, all the tourists were hot, sweat and generally in swim-gear.




I saw several of these awesome trees on Copacabana Beach boardwalk. They had litterally covered the sidewalks and restaurants with hundreds of flowers.




Can't pass up an opportunity to check out all the places on Google Earth. Colonia is above, and you can see it's totally surrounded by water. This picture isn't big enough, but you can really see how the trees line EVERY street when you zoom in to GE.




And of course you can see Redentor from the space as well, probably even better than we actually saw it when we were there! :(




Finally, Iguazu Falls from space is pretty freaking impressive. The Devil's Throat is the huge air that is totally obsured by the white mist. You can really see how all the falls flow around to the Argentina side on the left.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm done with South America trip blogs!

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

I've enjoyed all your blog posts about your trip!!! It sounds and looks so amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Delilah and Rocket said...

Because of your pictures I'm seriously considering upgrading my digital camera to a Nikon D40 from my current wee little Pentax Optio. I can't complain about the Pentax tho because I got it as my 15 year service award from my company. Some say "oh you got that for free" I say "NO! I worked my bleep off for it!"