My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Garden Week 3

I think I'll stick to counting the weeks, cause I'm already really confusing myself (especially with my late-blogging). Since we planted them on Saturday April 5th, that will be Week 1. In Week 1, we had quite a few of the different vegtables start popping up! Since we went to Detroit the following weekend, they spent an uneventful week 2 in our bathroom getting taller! Week 3 was our birthday weekend, so we built them an outside box on Sunday and I put 3 rows into the ground.

These next pictures were taken the day after I put the rows of watermelon and cantelope into the ground. I go out to water the garden and what do I see?!?!?!

And here too!

Something had the nerve to start use our garden like an all-you-can-eat buffet!

At least 4 plants had been munched on!
I went out again the following day to see if there was more destruction, and look what I found!


THE CULPRIT! He got a free ride to a far away place.

We've been happily bug and worm free since then!


I'm still not sure why there was dead animal fur all over our backyard. I know Zoe didn't do it, but it still grosses me out. A bunny maybe?

One final happy garden picture at the end of Week 3.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We're off to the Jazz Fest in New Olreans today.

2 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Your garden looks beautiful when can we come over for the feast?

April Ziegler said...

Looks like it's doing well! We keep getting frost and it has killed our basil twice. I'm just not good at this whole gardening thing =)