My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Garden Week 3

I think I'll stick to counting the weeks, cause I'm already really confusing myself (especially with my late-blogging). Since we planted them on Saturday April 5th, that will be Week 1. In Week 1, we had quite a few of the different vegtables start popping up! Since we went to Detroit the following weekend, they spent an uneventful week 2 in our bathroom getting taller! Week 3 was our birthday weekend, so we built them an outside box on Sunday and I put 3 rows into the ground.

These next pictures were taken the day after I put the rows of watermelon and cantelope into the ground. I go out to water the garden and what do I see?!?!?!

And here too!

Something had the nerve to start use our garden like an all-you-can-eat buffet!

At least 4 plants had been munched on!
I went out again the following day to see if there was more destruction, and look what I found!


THE CULPRIT! He got a free ride to a far away place.

We've been happily bug and worm free since then!


I'm still not sure why there was dead animal fur all over our backyard. I know Zoe didn't do it, but it still grosses me out. A bunny maybe?

One final happy garden picture at the end of Week 3.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We're off to the Jazz Fest in New Olreans today.

2 comments:

Rocket said...

Your garden looks beautiful when can we come over for the feast?

April & Kevin said...

Looks like it's doing well! We keep getting frost and it has killed our basil twice. I'm just not good at this whole gardening thing =)