My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend



A few weeks back, the stars aligned and we had plans for Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. Some of our friends asked if we wanted to check out Phantom of the Opera while it was in town. We hadn't been to a musical since the Lion King & needed to get 1 more theater trip on our 101 List.



We joined our friends for a yummy dinner & then headed over to the Hobby Center. I'd read up on wiki about the original storyline & about Andrew Lloyd Webber's version of Phantom that's been on Broadway for decades.



We had a blast hanging out with our friends & despite the show being really late for me (8-1030pm) I enjoyed most of it. Some of the songs did get a little long, but the costumes and stage work was pretty interesting. We missed Wicked when it was in town & I think we're going to try to catch it in New Orleans next year.



Friday night found us back out at the Pavilion for an Aerosmith concert. We grabbed dinner & drinks with these friends, so we got there near the end of ZZ Top's opening act.



We had to fight out way around to find a small patch of grass at the top of the hill to settle into.



It was so freaking hot & I'm just getting too old (and spoiled!) to be fighting for a seat.



Honestly, the concert was a little disappointing. I'm not a giant Aerosmith fan, but I was bummed they didn't play more of their big hit songs that I could sing and dance to on the hill.



Saturday evening found us at my company's 25th Anniversary party at Maggiano's. I've been with my boss for 11 years now (since graduating high school), but there are a few people who have been with him almost the entire 25 years. It was great to see all my co-workers spouses & celebrate such a wonderful accomplishment for my boss and our company.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Headed to Dallas today to watch a baseball game!

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around ZZ Top being an opening act for somebody. Happy anniversary to your company. Also, we got the gift certificate -- thanks so much! :-)