My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Fredericksburg Wineries



We continued our girls wine weekend on Saturday with a full day tour of the 20+ wineries in the area around Fredericksburg. We hired Chuck of Horseshoe Bay Tours, who took us to 5 wonderful vineyards & a few other awesome places.



Our first stop was Pedernales Cellars- a newer winery set atop a wonderful hill with sweeping views in all directions.



Any day you can be sipping wine at 10AM is a great day. The winery is still growing & they will be adding a large gravity "thingy" very soon, but we enjoyed their wines.



They had an awesome deck with beautiful trees & I'm sure it would make a wonderful place to end your day and spend a few hours taking in the sunset.



After leaving the winery, we took a quick detour through Johnson City & the childhood home of President Lyndon B. Johnson. I'd visited when I was in junior high & we also drove by his ranch later in the day.



Our next stop was at Texas Hills Vineyard, a lovely little place where Chuck also brought us a fresh made-to-order lunch & we had a mini-picnic.



I loved that the building was so organic and appeared so well hidden in the trees. The shade was a welcome relief from the Texas heat!



Yummy wines.....beautiful carved door!
They also had this awesome piece of machinery that was on a giant trailer that was called a bottler, that they took around to the other vineyards to bottle the wine. My nerdy engineer self loved checking out all the machinery.



They had a fun little shop & tasting room. Again, nowhere to sit, but we survived & loved petting on their awesome German shepherd that greeted all the guests.



Our next stop was at Rancho Ponte, a small, newer winery on the road to Luckenbach.



It was a big barn shaped tasting room & it was honestly my least favorite of our 5 that day. I'm not much of a wine guru, so I can't compare the wines between each of the places. This particular winery just didn't have anything that made it stand out or that was unique and fun about sipping wine here.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: For those of you watching & waiting to see which one of the adorable Tagalongs will be coming to Texas, the answer is....



Miss Patty! I can't wait until Saturday to meet her :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your wineries tours! Thanks! And I love the Tagalongs blog. They are so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of you all and your new pup! Are you keeping her name Patty?

The Oceanside Animals said...

A large gravity thingie? Is that like a black hole or something? That will definitely attract visitors. (RIMSHOT) Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Miss Patty is ADORABLE. I can't let my wife see that picture or she'll want one ...

Laila said...

Patty is such a cutie :)

Kisses,
Laila