My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 3, 2009

La Carafe Wine Bar



About 2 weeks ago we stopped into a new wine bar (for us at least) called La Carafe. It's the only wine bar in downtown proper & we wanted to check it out.



It's a bit different than the other wine bars in Houston, that are new, sleek, modern & trendy. This building is a historical landmark & there is quite an interesting historical preservation project underway to detail the history of the century old building.



There is a beautiful, old wooden bar and this place defiantly has the bar feel and not so much a lounge feel. There is an upstairs area, but it was not open when we visited.



I thought this ancient cash register was a nice decoration, but it's actually function and the one they use. Be warned- they only take cash & no credit cards here.



We didn't want to stick around too long, so we ordered a lovely half-bottle & enjoyed watching the few eclectic afternoon bar patrons.



They do have a few beers on tap, and I can't recall if they serve any snacks or food. If I had to guess, I'd say they don't. All in all, it was a neat little hole-in-the-wall type of joint, but not really our scene.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm going to be an aunt again- congrats to my cousin!

No comments: