My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Downtown Louisville



From the waterfront, I could see downtown & I remembered there was super-cool place to hang out, cool off & get a snack, so I headed on over. There's lots of construction going on downtown & I loved how the bridge disappears into the buildings.



Given the Kentucky Derby is a pretty big thing in town, they had some very fun art horse sculptures around town.



There's just so much to love about the above shot...



I was driving in my car (see the white thing??) and I wished I could have taken a better photo of this sculpture which was indoors.



There are some great old buildings downtown with tons of personality and wonderful details in the architecture.



They don't make beautiful buildings like this anymore. :(



I can always find tons of great clocks downtown & I really enjoy the uniqueness and variety of clocks around the world.



From my work travels, I'd remembered going on a morning jog through downtown & seeing 4th street Live. It's a great little section of downtown with tons of bars & restaurants all packed into one place & covered with a roof over the street.



There is apparently a great concert series that takes place during the summer.



Lots of big name restaurants, a few small places, a sports bar, and some hangout type of places too.



Even a bowling alley. There wasn't too much action, as I was there in the middle of the afternoon, but it was the perfect place for me to grab a quick drink and a light snack and people watch until puppy time.



See, I killed a few hours walking around ?



I tend to think this building belongs in Atlanta. When I think about the Atlanta skyline, I tend to remember the beautiful art & architecture of the roofs of so many of the buildings, as seen from the Peachtree tower.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I think we're finally getting into a good routine with Mia & I might almost have a few things under control.

No comments: