My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!


Usually my birthday is pretty ho-hum and not a giant event. Well, this year I had an awesome birthday from beginning to end! We celebrated a bit early with our weekend getaway to Austin, including getting this great shot in the bluebonnets near Brenham.



Thursday, H woke up early with me, and he gave me my gift- a new watch! He's been dying for me to replace my old shabby one with a nice new one. I've been resisting as long as I could, but I'm really excited about having a new "nice" watch.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh5i1jLNNEpcm59TDSn2Dty0QWotrEBXeQU5nzZTM0OYstEVik9nP5eYIpfPHE4LqmF1Uh_cesYOAI2OPd2irGQ11Z6HTQogrPr7-mN5r1VXLWPA_rTUs7bzbZwonWDQ0Vl8eSS_d20JIE/s400/post2.jpg
We were both having a slow day at work, so he picked me up for lunch. I managed to work another hour & then went to the salon to get an aromatherapy massage (I'd planned on getting my hair all done, but my stylist was sick! )


I met H downtown for a yummy sushi dinner & then we went to the off-Broadway play called Mauritius. I heard about it on the radio a few weeks ago, and knew we had to go before setting off on our big trip next month. It really has very little to do with the actual island, other than the collectible stamp is from the island. Since a play was on our 101 List, I figured this would make the perfect birthday date night show.


I also received this sweet new lens. Considering most zoom lenses are mega-$$$, this is a great affordable one that is a 300mm and will be awesome for our trip to Africa and the safari part!



We decided that our schedule this year was a little too out of control and we'd have to skip the Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Although we are going to Fiesta in San Antonio with all of our friends that weekend instead (this coming weekend), I was bummed about missing Dave Matthews. So for my birthday H gave me some really good seats for their concert here in Houston. We had a blast last time we saw them here & I'm very stoked to see them again on May 1.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Zoe was sick this weekend (infection), but she seems to be doing much better now.

5 comments:

Melissa-D said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had a good one! I love the pic of you guys in the bluebonnets!!!

Christy said...

Sounds like a great birthday! WOOHOO for DMB. Love them!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Happy birthday! Sorry Zoe was sick but glad she's feeling better.

Delilah and Rocket said...

Mom & Dad both have "Tags" so they go by "Tag Time" What a great birthday gift.

Courtney said...

Great pic of the 2 of you in the bluebonnets.
Great watch, I'm in the market for a new one myself.
Happy Birthday!