My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

IAH to LAX Flight



I've been a traveling fool at work- starting last Thursday in Austin, Friday in Amarillo, Sunday-Tuesday in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. I go through fits & spurts taking my camera on the airplane and actually getting good seats & good weather to take photos. Flying out Sunday night, we flew over my 'hood again & I took this photo of the horse track. We're going to try to get back this summer for a concert in their summer series.



This is the neighborhood adjacent to ours that we sometimes run through. H and I often drive through here looking at houses & property. I LOVE all the trees. As you can see from the surrounding neighborhoods and other photos, it's the general policy to cut down almost all trees when starting a new neighborhood.



This is part of a GIANT new development in Houston on the northwest side of town. The houses are packed in their very closely and all the native trees were torn down. At least you have the golf course giving you some green space???



Also all the rage is putting in the *interesting* fake, green lakes. I guess it's better than nothing, but the houses are still built on postage stamps.



Construction has really slowed down around here & appears to have come to a stop in this neighborhood.



Flying over the Colorado River in downtown Austin, I can't wait to go tomorrow!



I've flown the IAH to LAX flight many, many times and never get bored of all the wonderful things to look at in the desert.



I *think* this is San Jacinto Peak, and we almost always fly by it on our flight path to LAX, but I think this is the first time I've seen it with snow.



Arriving into LA, I was treated to a beautiful sunset as it slipped into the Pacific Ocean.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We've got some new grass in our backyard to cover up all the mud from the new sprinkler system.

No comments: