My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two Wonderful Years


This is the man that I'm still madly in love with, and we've been married two blissful years. We're going to have a nice lunch together to celebrate (since I am tutoring tonight), but we're headed to Mexico for a mini-break and a real celebration.

I really just can't say enough wonderful things about this man. Every day I thank God that He has given me such a wonderful, amazing, loving, thoughtful & caring husband. Many days I feel like I'm too lucky & that nobody should be this happy, but we're still crazy in love with each other.

To me, the second year was much easier than the first. You spend the first few months of marriage in a post-wedding hang-over state & spend the next few months settling into your comfortable routine. During our second year, we've laughed and loved and shared more, while we've spent less time getting upset over the little things.

I still try to get him to work on my "TO DO" lists every weekend or tell him which way to drive would be quicker, but I'm slowly giving up and letting go of those things. It doesn't matter if all the tasks don't get accomplished every weekend or that he didn't drive the exact same route I'd have gone.

We spend more time just hanging out on the couch on lazy weekends, just being silly or debating current events. He still makes me smile every morning and want to crawl into his arms each night. We're still trying to juggle the demands of busy careers with lots of extra hours, our family, our exercise time, leisure time at the movies or wine bars and personal time. I can't even fathom where we'd fit kids into our schedule right now, so we're looking forward to a few more years of freedom.

Even after nearly 4 years of being together, I still miss when I travel over-night and usually talk with him at least once or twice a day during work hours- gchat & text messages are awesome.

Just as a random aside, these were our engagement photos from October of 2006 and I don't think I've ever shared them on the blog. We were lucky enough to be able to take them on our trip to California when we visited Big Sur.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Here's to many more years of love & laughter!

No comments: