My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Movie Maddness



I'd been promising my husband we'd use some movie giftcards we received for Christmas, so a few week ago we headed to the movies. We decided to see the critically acclaimed Slumdog Millionaire and were thrilled with the movie. Although it's a Bollywood production and filmed on location in India, it told an amazing story of two brothers growing up out of the slums and how their lives turned out dramatically different. Both very educational and entertaining, I thought this movie totally deserved all the hoop-la & would recommend it to others.


On a movie kick, we also went to see Gran Torino on a whim. I'd heard many graet things about it and wanted to see it while it was still in the theatres. I had no clue what the movie was about, but my expectations were all wrong. For all the rave reviews, I thought the movie was a bit slow. I was expecting an action movie, not a drama. The storyline was good, and I learned quite a bit of cultural history about the Hmong immigrants and Detroit, but overall, I thought the movie was quite predictable.


For some strange reason, H rented The Duchess on a Saturday night to give our new U-Verse download on demand a try. It was a great story, although quite tragic that the times dictated marriage for off-spring and cared little for love. I enjoyed the movie, and it was a great reminder how far things have come for women in the last 200 years.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Work up this morning and went to yoga class with H!

No comments: