My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Fruit Sticks


These are a few weeks old, but still worth sharing. I was in Sams in January and saw this adorable box of sticks fruit trees. If it could surive in a box at Sams for a few months, I thought I might have a chance To grow it not kill it. Raspberries and strawberries and blueberries and grapes sound much more fun than cucumber and jalepenos.

We had a few good days of very cold (for Texas) weather and I think the freeze killed the last remaining jalepeno plants. It was a good time to pull them out and I saw no reason (besides the rest of January and February) that I couldn't go ahead and plant my berry trees.

These guys went into the ground on January 25th and I (guess) they are still alive. It was difficult to really tell, and I was confused about taking the outer wrapping paper off of the roots. I reasoned that it would disentigrate soon enough, and I hoped some new mulch/soil would help these guys out. If I kill them, I'm only out $20.

We also put our lemon and lime trees in the ground in mid-January. You can see them through the windows in H's office & the guest bedroom, so I'm excited that they are beautifying the yard just a bit.

The lime tree came with quite a few buds that were already starting to grow. They are growing slowly right now, in the dead of winter, but I hope we get some limes to make mojitos this summer!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We've had an awesome vacay & the waters around Cozumel are amaizng.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow. You've got lots of limes on that tree. I hope they all make it!

And yeah you are supposed to remove the outer wrapping paper off the plants.

I hope your berries and grapes grow. We will be planting some berries soon too!