My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gardening, Year 2


Last weekend, I set out to get our seeds going for our second year of gardening. Although I'd planted some fruit trees in January, I wanted to get our seeds started indoors. Hopefully this picture will help me remember where I planted everything. This year, we've got 3 types of tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers and cucumbers. No watermelon or cantaloupe this year, but we're going to try beans, okra and squash instead.

I also bought a package of asparagus roots. Who knew that's how you grow them!?!?! I stuck them in the ground outside next to my berry plants. H read on the Internet it will take 3 seasons for these to grow, so we shall see....

The herb garden is coming along, albeit it's a bit of a mess. We haven't been home enough to cook lately or use much of anything. I'm contemplating moving these to a planter box and setting them outside.

The berry bushes I planted haven't died yet. This one is showing some signs of budding.


This one is doing well and has some leaves. However, the lemon and lime trees are about the same. The limes really aren't growing much & still nothing on the lemon tree.

I like looking at all the different seeds I plant. The real small ones are mostly the tomatoes, the big white ones are the beans. So many different sizes, colors, textures and shapes.

UPDATE: The seeds have already sprouted! I noticed them this morning and a few of them are already 2"-4" tall!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Trying to get one more thing on our 101 List, we're headed out to the Rodeo Parade this morning.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Looks like a good plan. :) You will be surprised at how much okra you get. Yum!
Hmm, last year we grew okra and tomatoes from plants, not seeds.
GL with your garden this season!