My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Flying a Kite


This past weekend we had the perfect weather to fly a kite- one of the few easy things left on our 101 List. It was on our list, since H had NEVER flown a kite in his life. We went to the little park behind my mom's house & took Zoe.

It was much more entertaining to watch her bark, howl and chase the kite.

It was pretty funny to watch how amazed my husband was with his new flying toy.

Zoe barked and hollered and whined and screeched at the kite for a good 20 full minutes- I was worried about her getting doggie laryngitis.

We had the perfect day- great weather and lots of wind.

This was actually a really neat kite, and we shared our memories of playing with kites growing up (me) or making ones that were too heavy to fly (him).

"Booowooohwoooooo"





The next thing I know my husband comes running by me like a track star. Apparently a gust of wind pulled the kite out of his hands and he took off, barefoot, to try to catch it.

Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, there were some trees nearby to stop the kite. After a few minutes and some help from the wind, he was able to free the kite from the branches.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Off to Atlanta again!

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a great weekend to fly a kite!

The Oceanside Animals said...

"You get down out of the sky now!!!!!"