My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Plumbing Problem


Yea, so in addition to all the other drama and stress that's been thrown into my life lately, I've been busy being a rental property owner. I'm still 1 tenant short, but a new couple recently moved into the duplex. They called a few days later with a plumbing problem. I thought it was no big deal until the plumber called to tell me that part of the80+ year old concrete sewer line from the house to the main city sewer lines was damaged.




So here's what $3,000 worth of new plumbing looks like, after they hit and puncture the natural gas line.


You can see the new plastic piping connecting into the old concrete line that runs to the main city sewer line. All I can say is "BLEH!" I really hope I can get the cottage rented out quickly & have no more problems.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: H and I had a pretty good mini-weekend trip to Detroit. It's back to work today, but with a great client meeting.

2 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

You have my sincerest sympathy! Oh have I ever been there with the entire septic field! I have to plead the 5th Amendment on the 'fix' details which I cannot publish in writing.

Good luck getting a rentor.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Yikes! We had a leaky slip connection in our line and just replacing that cost us like $700. I can't imagine replacing the whole thing ...

Actually come to think of it I can. We had to do it for the new buyer when we sold our house in New York, and it cost $6,000. We could've really used that money out here in California. *SIGH*