My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Iguazu by Boat


Once inside the National Park in Argentina, you can take a Green Passport tour that include a slow boat ride above the falls, a ride through the rainforest on this gigantic truck and a final "fast boat" ride up the rapids and into the actual falls below. The upper slow boat ride was a bit boring, but we passed by some nice trees and flowers.



Now we're talking- fast boat!






The river appear nice and calm at first, but we quickly entered some very fierce looking rapids and watched as a group went upside down in their boat.



Continuting upstream, we were treated to spectacular views of the falls before the mist started making it impossible to take any decent shots.





It was also the first time we caught a glimpse of all the wonderful bridges and trails above the falls that we would soon be exploring.






Good camera away in the waterproof bag, but I've got my other camera ready for the water!



The boats then take you right into the falls and let the water pound down on you!





It's pretty fun and chaotic to first be misted and then be poured upon.



In we go!



Eventually visibility goes to zero because of the mist, and my camera gets water on the lens.






This is what I look like after visiting the inside of a waterfall.





Hubby had a great time too!
Now for the hike out of the canyon- at least there are some awesome views!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I've been getting a total kick out of this blog, just remember it's supposed to be funny. Stuff White People Like

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow......your trip looks amazing! I am so glad that you had a great time. The pics are beautiful....I would love to visit BA having now seen how beautiful it is there.

Glad to have you back....BTW, while you were gone the baby was born : )

Christy said...

Awesome pics--I would so love to do this, but I'd be scared to be one of those groups that flips over!

Amanda said...

Hahhaaha...that site is cracking me up too :) Thanks for posting it!

And what an awesome trip! I love love waterfalls.