My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow in Houston



Since about Monday, the weather had been calling for a freakish early snow in Houston. It hardly ever snows here & has NEVER snowed this early before. I squeezed my long run in on Friday & it was already snowing/raining in the south part of town when I got home. There were a few flakes on my way into work & by late morning- a good heavy snow was falling!



This was out my work window before lunch time & I couldn't believe that it was really snowing & that the forecasters had gotten it right! They were saying 1"-2" in some places.



So I did what any reasonable person would do- packed up & went home to play with the dogs. Zoe is not into any type of weather at all, but I coaxed Mia outside to check it out.



We were getting some pretty big flakes at that point & some decent accumulation on the ground. The slow shutter & the flash made for some really interesting photos. My big camera was in the shop, so my P&S was all I had.



I was hoping she'd play with the snow or eat it, but she mostly just followed me around & was trying to figure out why we were standing outside in the cold.



This is really about as much as we got where I lived. It stopped snowing hard & it all melted pretty quickly. There was quite a good "dusting" on many of the buildings when we went downtown Saturday morning.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Longhorns are headed to the Rose Bowl after a nail biting win over Nebraska last night- Hook'em!

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Ah...just so pretty!! We hardly ever get snow here (we live on the south coast of England) & even if we do get some it melts in the blink of an eye! We're now looking forward to our skiing fortnight at the end of January in the French Alps. Juliet & Radar

The Oceanside Animals said...

Cool shots of Mia playing in the snow! Tucker always hated the snow or any sort of precipitation, really, though he would play in the snow once it was on the ground. Trixie is pretty much impervious to weather.