My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hancock Tower

Chicago-2729 by you.

The next day we started out from our hotel & headed up the Magnificent Mile for some fabulous shopping en route to Hancock Tower. There is a very cool old water tower right in the shadow of the mammoth building.

Chicago-2757 by you.

I'd heard the views are actually better from here than the Sears Tower & I was not disappointed! Especially with such beautiful weather & everybody outside enjoying the summer.

Chicago-2758 by you.
I was absolutely amazed and fascinated by all the rooftop pools.

Chicago-2760 by you.

We could see the Old Navy Pier, and of course put that on our list of sites to see before we left town.

Chicago-2761 by you.

I wouldn't have guessed there was an actual beach, with sand and sunbathers even, in Chicago!

Chicago-2762 by you.

Oh that looks like a swanky place!

Chicago-2765 by you.

I love the big bend in the lake front & the pocket beach it forms.

Chicago-2766 by you.

Fun with my super-zoom lens.

Chicago-2767 by you.

All the skyscrapers were amazing & just kept going and going.

Chicago-2769 by you.

What cool little terraces on this building.

Chicago-2779 by you.

Looking back towards the main area of downtown it's quite obvious that Chicago is a very special city.

Chicago-2780 by you.

And a little view of the water tower from up top.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We finally saw Avatar IMAX and it was freaking awesome!

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

We went to see Avatar in IMAX, but the line was too long so we went to get pizza instead. Maybe next week!

Michele said...

I saw your post on my blog. We have missed you on the photo board. Send me an email if you want me to ask one of the admins to set up an account for you on the new board (it went private). mross711 at yahoo dot com