My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chicago Architectural Boat Tour, Part 2

Chicago-1010684 by you.

Let the boat tour continue!

Chicago-1010688 by you.

These condos reminded me of the Jetson's house.

Chicago-1010691 by you.

But they sure had a great view up the river of downtown & the Sears town..ahem, now the Willis Tower.

Chicago-1010698 by you.

It was pretty miserable cruising in the cold morning shower, but I love revisiting these photos. Wish I could have enjoyed it more during the cruise.

Chicago-1010710 by you.

Loved all the little waterfront dining spots that were dwarfed by the mega-buildings.

Chicago-2519 by you.

The new Trump Tower looks pretty sweet.

Chicago-2517 by you.

This building always made me looks twice....such unusual designs.

Chicago-2505 by you.

Buildings and bridges everywhere.

Chicago-1010733 by you.

Chicago makes city living look really attractive, but I'm not so sure about the winters....

Chicago-2495 by you.

Another "future building" from the '70s.

Chicago-1010724 by you.

I'm just amazed by the space & wonder who works/lives in all these windows.

Chicago-1010719 by you.

Some very Gotham type buildings.

Chicago-1010715 by you.

We sat up front on the boat so we'd have the best view (and get the most rained on ::eye roll::), so I couldn't hear very much commentary from the tour guide. There was some great history behind these bridge turrets, but I can't remember it now!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Getting the 90 year old cottage repainted this week if the weather holds out.

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

I hereby dub that building the "What'choo Talking 'Bout Willis?" tower.