My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gorgeous Trees


Last weekend, I visited the Houston Zoo. I can't remember the last time I had been, but they were hosting a special early-bird open house for photography nuts.

I took lots of photos of animals and enjoyed a few hours in the peaceful downtown oasis before all the screaming kids showed up. My favorite part of the zoo is these gorgeous trees. I assume they are some type of oak.

They are just so tall and majestic. I can't imagine how old they must be and how many hurricanes they must have survived.

Some of them have limbs that just stretch out for nearly 20' (by my best guess ;)!

In my imagination, when I think about my dream home, it is surrounded by gorgeous trees like this- with history and personality.

Looking at this photo, it almost seems like it should be a portrait instead of a landscape. Although those look like tree trunks, they are all branches from the main trunk.

They have a beautiful reflection pool in the entrance, of course surrounded by trees. I've seen some gorgeous weddings and galas held around the pond.

I think every kid should be surrounded by trees growing up, and be able to enjoy all the adventures the imagination has to offer climbing through the branches.

It will be Zoo week this week on the blog & I'm going to try out some of the larger photos sizes.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Zoe is still having lots of skin problems, so we're off to see a holistic vet tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some better advice.

No comments: