My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Art Downtown



I've got a few older shots from downtown. Our "Main Street" is still really struggling and going through a transition phase. Lots of bars/restaurants/clubs are still coming and going.



There has been a nice emphasis on putting neat & unique artwork downtown, but we still need to work on the random litter.



I have such a fascination with clocks- I can't help but photograph them everywhere I go. I probably should seek some counseling for my time obsession.



Our old city courthouse is surround by some beautiful old trees.



I have no clue what these pillars are supposed to be, but they are very neat.



I wonder what secrets all these old downtown lofts hold. Although the top floor looks pretty abandoned, there appears to be some activity on the floor just below it.



Just a few of our big skyscrapers.



I love all the intricate wood-work on this building & how it is sitting on the bayou. If anybody is looking for a cool place to open up a restaurant downtown, I think this spot would be perfect.



The old courthouse is quite a solid structure & made from limestone from the hill country.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Off to Corpus Christi today & then my (re-scheduled from the Hurricane) 10 year high school reunion tonight.

No comments: