My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lions


One of the star attractions at the Houston Zoo is the lions, especially the male lion Jonathon.

I was obviously there too early, but the sign said that he likes to roar a lot and is very entertaining for the crowds.

While I was watching, the female lion was much more active. She was walking around & checking things out. She must have just finished breakfast and was licking her chops.

I thought it was cute that they both settled down for a nap where they could see each other.


I was also fascinated by the details of these guys. The glass was nice & clear, and allowed me some great close up shots. I love all the different types of fur he had in his manly mane.

Plus, their paws were ENORMOUS! I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of those paws (& claws!) of he were angry.
Her paws looked so soft & sweet as she slept.
Then it was time for a little roll-and-stretch.....


Then she gave me the evil eye! I must have been disrupting her yoga moves.
When I trotted back by a few minutes later, she had moved over to a nice rock in the sun.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Yet another 4 day work-week, gotta love it!

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Great lion shots! You already did the tigers, so next must be bears, right? Oh my!