My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Tidbits


I've got a few things that belong in the random pile. I'll start with this as my favorite guacamole EVER. I know you can make it from scratch, but this simple mix from McCormick, with some fresh avocados, is better than anything I've had in a restaurant. We eat this about once a week in the summer and I can't wait for avocado season to arrive in full force!

I just discovered broccoli. I'm not a huge veggie fan, but was hungry the other day and it was on my plate. I had an adult-revelation and discovered that I actually liked it! We've had it once a week since I can steam it in the microwave in 90 seconds.

We attempted to grill our own lobster at home a few weeks ago. It came out pretty good, at least for lobster from Sams, but not nearly as good as some of the delicacies I've had at fancy restaurants. Anybody have any good lobster cooking tips?

A few weeks ago, we headed to mid-town to try another wine bar, The Tasting Room. Bonus feature of the night was eating some yummy sushi at Fish.

Also last month, I had a Friday happy hour with the moms. It was a perfect afternoon to sit outside, snack on chips, salsa & guacamole and talk about men!

I finally bought a display rack to hang all my marathon medals (plus a few half-marathon and a triathlon). I ordered it from here & they have lots of different ones for various sports.

This was H and his mom out a few weeks ago at dinner for a friend. She's off right now on our first big international (besides Mexico) trip as she cruises the Mediterranean.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Most of Texas is getting some desperately needed rains and some enjoyable cooler weather.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Mmm guacamole. I have this great recipe that beats any seasoning package any day. I should send that to you.

For the lobster..boil it for 7-8 minutes, then cut it in half, season with salt & pepper and EVOO and pan sear for 2 minutes on flesh side and 1 minute on shell side. Voila! (If when you cut it is still opaque on the inside pan sear on flesh side for 3 min. instead of 2).