My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sea Lions and Bears


Last day of Zoo photos! This bear was too precious as he was eating his breakfast & sticking his head into the bucket. I think it was empty by the time I arrived, but that didn't stop him from checking it about 10 times.

I'm not sure how he got center-stage, but his friend was huddled down in the back of the enclosure enjoying his breakfast too.

There is a very substantial moat and some railing & wire separating these bears from the public. Don't do this though!

Although this guy had the sweetest face, he had some killer claws!

On my way out, I caught the sea lions at the very end of their public performance. Who doesn't love a sweet face like this?

It was neat to watch the two "honk" at each other.

The one and only trick that I caught them do before the show was over! :(


Last few things- I captured some short video of these guys eating breakfast. They were SO LOUD! I could hear them yelling/hooting/hollering for about 30 minutes before they were released. It's fascinating to watch another animal have such human-like motions.

I honestly have no idea what type of primates these guys were, but I was shocked at how much longer their arms were in proportion to their body. It was hard to photograph them because of the wire cage, but I think you can see his crazy long arms in this video.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm done blogging about my animal adventures at the Zoo, but I might come back with some more fun stuff when we visit Animal Kingdom this morning at Disney.

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

First lions ... then tigers ... now bears. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!