My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Magic Kingdom



After a short rest from the half-marathon, we headed out to our final park- Magic Kingdom. I think I was pretty tired at that point and didn't take too many photos. We started out with Stitch's Great Escape (lame) and then waited our Fastpass turn for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (again- totally lame compared to Toy Mania at MGM). We checked out one of Disney's original attractions- Carousel of Progress, which was mildly entertaining.


Then we headed over to Fantasyland, where most of the rides had crazy long lines, but we did get into to see the very cool Mickey's PhilarMagic show.

I rode on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and it was a very tame roller coaster (no wonder I liked it when I was 8!). Then we saw the Country Bear Jamboree, which I thought was one of the worst thing ever (think Chuckie Cheese cheesy!)


We stopped by the Swiss Family Treehouse- which was neat to climb and afforded some great views of the park.


The Enchanted Tiki room had a cute little bird show & it was also one of the original attractions at Disney.



We also did the Jungle Cruise- which was VERY lame after seeing all the real animals at Animal Kingdom. Then we headed back to Main Street to grab dinner & seats for the SpectroMagic Parade. Right after the Wishes fireworks show, we hit up the silly & goofy, but not scary Haunted Mansion.



After that, we headed over to Fantasyland to hit up all the rides that were packed earlier in the day with kiddies. We took a boat ride through the ever adorable It's a Small World After All & will have that song stuck in my head for at least 3 months.

Peter Pan's Flight was very cool as you hung in a flying ship instead of a car or boat to travel around Neverland. After a cute & whimsical ride on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, I though Snow White's Scary Adventures were a little disappointing. Finally, on our way out of the park, I tackled my nemesis from 20 years ago- Space Mountain!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Tomatoes, peppers and jalapenos went into the garden yesterday.

1 comment:

Liz said...

The haunted mansion is apparently terrifying for a 7-8 year old. We took DH's nephew a few years back and on my suggestion that "it's not that bad" took the kid on the ride. He was traumatized...poor kid. My bad.