My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Long Neck Giraffes


One of my first stops last weekend at the Zoo was the giraffe "enclosure." Now, I'm really torn about zoos in general, but I've come to accept that they are a necessary evil in our society. They are great for learning and teaching children (and adults from the city) to appreciate all these magnificent animals, but I feel guilty about confining many animals to small areas who normally roam hundreds of miles.
There are quite a few giraffes at the Houston Zoo & they are very captivating. Something to neat about their unusual bodies, the intricate patterns they sport, their curious nubs that are akin to horns and their funny hair-style on their manes.

I caught one guy peeking over the fence into the landscaping attempting to get some extra breakfast.


Who knew their tongues were black?
I even liked the fact that this guys had some extra layers on him & had a few fat rolls!

How can you say no to a face like this?

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We'll see how these jumbo photos go over. You might not be able to see their full width if you are viewing from my blog home page, but if you are reading them on a feed reader, they should be noticeably bigger. I'll see how it turns out and make adjustments accordingly.

No comments: