My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks


Where to even start with all the things that I am thankful for? Well, starting is easy, but listing them all is tougher. Obviously, I believe that everything I have in my life- the good, bad, ugly, happiness, sorrow and love all are a gift from God. I am most thankful for Him sending his Son to be our Savior. All the time, talent, gifts, friendships, opportunities and prosperity I enjoy are a direct result of God's blessing and his plan for my life.

The second thing I am most thankful for today is my husband. These past few years have been so amazing, and I've never been happier to share every day of my life with him. Every morning, he makes my days brighter, and every evening I still can't wait for him to get home. We have so much fun together, enjoying life, learning, reading, traveling, cooking and loving each other. I'm thankful that he is my partner & my best friend, that he's patient with me when I need it and encourages me when I'm down.


The next thing I am thankful and grateful for is my family. I picked this photo of my brother & sister with me back in 2002 at my Grandma's for Christmas because it's one of those memories that just reminds me of family. Holidays can sometimes be difficult to juggle having divorced parents, but I am still so thankful for my extended families and my mother-in-law. Although I won't be seeing my dad's side of the family today, with the aunts & uncles & cousins, I will be thinking about them. My mom and dad have both played and continue to play such an important part of my life everyday, and I'm so thankful that all of my family is healthy, happy and lives near us.


I could spend all day listing other things I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving, but I'll just add a final one that seems timely. I'm so thankful I was born in the United States of America. I'm grateful for all the freedoms that we have that have been fought for by so many other people. I always wonder how different my life would be if I had been born in Germany or Kenya or India. I've been so prosperous here because of all the things for which America stands. There is something great and amazing about our country that everybody wants to be here or be like us. We're not perfect, but the spirit of Americans embodies so much hope and courage that I'm proud and thankful to live in such a wonderful country. My faith in America is renewed by the election of the most unlikely President to hopefully lead our country through this difficult times.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: With all I have to be thankful for, every day is a great day!

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Liza on Maui said...

You are blessed. Nice to read your thankful post :)