My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bayou City Art Festival


Two weekends ago, we headed downtown to the Bayou City Art Festival. In the Spring, it's in Memorial park and it's downtown in the fall. We really do have some gorgeous trees and neat little parks in the heart of our city.


Of course, my favorite, mini-bottle of wine. Even better- $5.


There were lots of neat art things to look at- painting, photographs and sculptures.


While I am normally a sucker for the travel photography, I did love the artist that did incorporated donuts into his art work.

These are the parts of downtown that I forget exist- the quiet and quaint areas that hearken back to another era.


In addition to reminiscing about all the popular art places we've traveled- we saw many shots of Venice & Santorini, we also saw more amazing places to add to our list. Some of the art that I also really liked involved these sculptures with some wicked repeating patterns.


I'm not too sure about this metal bull, but given the recent stock market turmoil, I bet many people are wishing for the bull to return.



Most importantly, we also found a neat sculpture to fill the niche. I'd borrowed a vase from my mom for the past 3 years, but H wasn't a big fan. We were very excited to find something we both liked & thought would work well.


The funny thing about this, is that we thought this was glass until we'd paid for it and were carrying it home! It's actually acrylic, that has been painted (dyed?) and then formed while it was hot. The outer bands are smooth and semi-transparent.

The inside texture is two differing types of surfaces- a fine, feathered one and a a rough, porous type. All in all, a great afternoon of fun & a big accomplishment of finally purchasing a neat little piece for our own home.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Trick-or-Treating with the nephews went well!

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

I like the blue sculpture -- and again, cool pumpkins!