My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Pretty in Pink



Last weekend, I also got started on working on my office. This is what it looked like before I moved in all my junk & the dogs.



I still have a little futon daybed, aka the dog sleeper, and was really tired of the bleh brown walls.



Adding the shutters was a great first step & I love looking out the window all all the trees & birds & storms every day while I sit at my desk.



I am fully a 2 computer kinda gal now. I love my iMac dearly, but I still use my laptop for so many tasks- including sitting downstairs with hubby while watching TV.



I really, really struggled with what I wanted to do with my room- what colors and what type of feel. I loved my old office, but we've already got tons of blue in our bedroom. We've got green in our kitchen & yellow in our living room. Deep down, I still really loved pink!



I brought up a dozen color swatches from Home Depot with 50 colors & finally selected a pink that I thought was happy, soothing & not too loud.



I was up bright & early Saturday to start my big project.



I shoved all the furniture in the middle of the room & started painting. I quickly realized it was much louder than I'd anticipated & got a much lighter shade of pink for the 3 remaining walls.



H was outside working on the yard & cleaning the driveway.



I really like how the colors turned out & the pink makes me smile every time I walk in the room.



I really liked the couch diagonal, but it just took up to much room & the dogs were forever losing the pillows off the back of it.



I ordered new flooring & bought some smaller shelf racks from the Container Store. I'm going to add crown molding & a chair rail to add some spice to the room, then start hanging up all my stuff on the walls again.



This is from this past weekend and is my new favorite picture of my gang. The girls love it when H lays on the couch & they can snuggle with him.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: In town all this week & getting to much closer to getting caught up.

No comments: