My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Old Cars & Old Friends


We'd been talking for months about getting a new car at the end of the year. H sits in traffic for hours each day, often takes customers out to lunch and spends a great deal of his day running around town visiting customers. Lately, he'd been taking my Jeep & we knew that we should start looking some new wheels for him.

His 2002 Explorer SportTRAC has served him well all these years. It's been a great vehicle, and a very functional cross between truck and SUV. He's only had minor problems with it & I was almost convinced to buy another similar SUV/truck with a full cab and a bed.
H is a car person. I am not.
He keeps his car clean inside. I do not.
He washes his car regularly. I do not.
We won't talk about the time I ran to the store & spilled my coke all over the inside of his car.

Yup, he had over 137,000 miles on his trusty truck that he's owned since I met him. It took him to Florida for school and back. It's taken us on many camping trips & a tree-shopping trip.

One of Zoe's last rides in the Explorer. Normally we lay the seats down flat, but this day she happened to be lounging in the seat. Instead of trading the truck in at the dealership, we gave it to our nephews so they would have 2 vehicles instead of just one.

I bet you wanted to see pictures of our new car & not H's friends! :) We bought our new car the Saturday after Thanksgiving & one of H's military friends was in town for the holidays.

All the guys & gals went out to dinner, and then we shot some pool at a local place.

You won't be seeing me anywhere near a shot!
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm getting my fence moved today! It sounds very dull, but it's been something I've wanted done since I moved into the house 3.5 years ago.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yay for a new car! I LOVE new cars! :)

My parents bought me a 2001 Sports Trac after graduating from college. I loved it! It was a great, fun truck/suv.

The Oceanside Animals said...

My old Subaru just rolled over 200K last month. Maybe it's time for a new car here, too ...