My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 24, 2008

More Fun with Google Earth


I happened to notice that Google Earth has updated the images over my house. This is the horrible medical office behind my house & I think this photo was taken in January of 2008.


It' interesting to see where the new images are. This is just north of my neighborhood, in the subdivision where I jog through. You can see where the new images, taken in the winter, meet with the old images, taken when the trees were more green.
This is a neat map showing our drive through Joshua Tree National Park. You can see exactly where we wen through all the mountain passes.

This is just east of the park. I assume this is a compilation of several satellite images. I'm assuming it has to do with the photo processing, and not the seasons, why the desert appears so many different colors.


This giant complex is my high school from space. If you look just SW of the track you can see that they are actually installing all those portable class rooms.


And of course the shot of downtown Denver, with the state capitol on the right, the awesome park in the center, and the city hall on the left.


And just for fun, a Google Earth shot of the entire US. I think it's so fascinating to see the different geographical features, mountains, deserts, and pretty blue islands!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: It was 43 out this morning for my long run, and I can sleep in tomorrow now.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Google Earth is so cool!

The Oceanside Animals said...

It actually might be the seasons causing the different colors in the desert, because in the spring there is a brief explosion of vegetation and wildflowers after the winter rain.