My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

High School Volleyball


The main purpose of my return visit to my high school was to watch a volleyball game. I'd spent 4 out of the 10 years of my volleyball career at this high school, so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane. As you can see by the very bare banner, volleyball has never really been a successful sport at my alma mater.


Oh to be young & carefree! The varsity team busting out a dance, with some lucky teenage boy taking in the glories of short, tight spandex on some of the senior ladies.


Oh the mighty, courageous, and not-too-often victorious Falcons. The official school song brought back many memories of all the other fun songs we'd sing on the bus or during warm up.




The big announcement and arrival of the varsity team!




I remember warm-up time fondly- pure madness on the court with girls and balls flying every where. The parents were struggling to find a seat, the boys were trying to flirt with the girls, everybody was wondering who would be on the starting line-up that night.




Let me just start out by saying, it's very dark in the gym! No matter how high I cranked up my ISO, I could barely get a quick enough shutter speed to catch the action.



We had some really awesome hitters on our team. I think they were much better than my team of 10 years ago. It's crazy how competitive the sport has become, with girls playing league ball year round now.




The cheerleaders still doing their thing, singing the same old cheers & chants.



What was really amazing to me was that my varsity coach was still there! She's now athletic director of the whole program, but she does coach one of the Freshman teams.


I was incredibly impressed with these gals, and I wonder if they will go on to play in college or get scholarships.

The other totally cute thing I noticed were the Senior Ladies who had on these shirts. Each class has something special, and their claim to fame is "the last of the 0's" since they will be graduating in 2009.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Girl's night out last night & tonight!

No comments: