My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Ike at Home

Sorry for one last Ike post, especially in the middle of the NYC & Boston posts, but I realized I hadn't put up these photos around my neighborhood, and I've been on the road traveling all week, so I'm a bit behind. This was my neighbor's fence that blew down.

Saturday afternoon, I needed to get out of the house, so I decided to go for a short jog around the neighborhood with my favorite camera in the nice cool rain. This poor tree/bush looks like it simply exploded.

This is the retention pond that I run around most mornings, and it's doing a great job of keeping all the flood water. If I had to estimate, I'd say the water is up 10' vertically, and the normal shoreline is about 5'-10' down the hill from the base of those trees.

I was also surprised to see how high the bayou between my neighborhood & my parents' neighborhood had risen.

You can also see how wide the bayou has become with the rise in height. There is just a narrow strip of land & a jogging trail between the bayou and the retention pond.



It was just remarkable to see the waters rise that much, but luckily we were never in any danger of flooding.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm planning on spending my Friday night getting caught up on all my fun photos from this week.

No comments: