My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

National World War II Memorial


My photos don't really do this place justice, but the National World War II Memorial is gorgeous and a wonderful honor to all those who served in the last great war.

I assume the center area is a fountain and pond during the summer months, and I loved the thousands of gold stars in memory of our fallen heroes who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

The large circular monument has pillars with each state or area from which soldiers served and a large metal wretch adorns each pillar.


There are two main gates which symbolize the Pacific Theatre and the Atlantic Theatre for the war.

Inside each is a beautiful sculpture of eagles carrying a wreath.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Working on a Saturday, but luckily it's the first time I've had to do it in ages.

No comments: