My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 23, 2009

2009 Houston Marathon


Another year, another marathon down! 2009 was my 5th finish in Houston & 6th overall marathon, but it was only the 2nd time I finished in under 5 hours! I actually felt great almost the entire race, despite the 70+ degree temperatures and blazing sun.

This is our neighborhood running gang- we had 6 of us running the full, which is quite a bit smaller than usual.

I ran the first 14 miles with my running buddy from the Rocky Raccoon Race earlier this year.

There are some nice scenic parts of the marathon- especially miles 3-12, which go through some fun neighborhoods with nice trees.

It's much better after the half-marathoners turn off & the crowd thins out considerably.


It's a mostly flat course, and the biggest hill is this giant over-pass. It's the not-so-scenic part of the run....

Nor is this part, where you run along a major interstate and between a sound wall. It's only about a mile & then we head back into the swanky parts of town.

I felt great & ran quite a bit the last 6 miles. It always feels so good to turn that last corner & see the finish line.

You can see me on the far right just under the banner.

This is the first place I landed after standing for about 6 hours! I needed to rest, drink and wait for my hubby to come find me.

After getting on some more comfortable shoes & a dry shirt, I was anxious to head home & get rested before our big trip to DC that night!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Feet are almost healed, I ran again this morning (7 miles) and I'm getting a massage tomorrow.

2 comments:

April Ziegler said...

Congrats! I don't know how you do it. My sister just ran her first marathon in Vegas not too long ago.

Christy said...

Congratulations!
Awww man you were right near our house...we live by those arched bridges over the freeways. :)
I don't know how you do it either. You are my hero! :D