My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Arlington National Cemetery


Wednesday morning, we decided to head out to see what sights we could check out in DC. Our first stop was Arlington National Cemetery, which was only 1 Metro stop away from our hotel. It was a cool, crisp morning with bright blue skies. I loved the feeling that all the leafless trees gave to the photo.

It's a vast expanse of property and there are several very stately and gorgeous buildings & monuments around the acreage.


The headstones were captivating- and I felt like each one had a story to tell about how long a soldier lived or which war he served in or where he was from. Often, I was surrounded by memories of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country & my pride stretched down the hills as far as I could see.

Of course the other main attraction here is the eternal flame that burns where the Kennedy family is buried.

This area was a special monument to the women who have served our country. I wish I could have learned more about this area, but we somehow missed it on our way out.

H & our friends had been to the cemetery on Monday when I was meeting up with some friends. They were able to watch the changing of the guard, which is such an awesome tradition and a beautiful way to honor our fallen soldiers. Unfortunately, the area was VERY crowded when I was there & I didn't get to see the ceremony.

From the top of the rolling hills, we had an excellent view across Memorial Bridge on the Potomac and at the National Mall. After we were done at here, we set out to make the trek and check out the other war memorials.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Hopefully will have my U-Verse installation completed today. If not- I'm sticking with the dish.

No comments: