My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

U2 in Houston



Two weeks ago we headed to see U2 at their 360 Tour at Reliant Stadium. Their stage, known as The Claw, is just incredible. The sheer size & scope of their tour is also amazing- they have 3 of these stages roaming around the US & being set up for a few concerts a week. Above is the nice little photo they sent me, but all the rest are mine.



We purchased some really reasonable charity tickets that benefits the [Red] campaign & that was a reserved area next to the catwalk called The Red Zone. We didn't have to get there at 9AM to wait in line to get hear the stage.



On each of the 4 arms of The Claw was a device with 3 chairs & 3 lighting people that got hoisted up to the top just before the show started.



The Claw and stage below were surrounded by speakers and lights that made the show phenomenal.



There were people inside the catwalk, but we ended up about 1 row back on the outer edge. The screen above the stage shows very cool images that are edited together really well & constantly changing.



It's nice that U2 lets you bring cameras, even if I could only bring my small point & shoot, I still got a few good photos in the challenging lighting.



The show itself was just amazing. I'm not a huge U2 fan, but I knew almost all of the songs, especially since I'd bought and listened to their latest album- No Line on the Horizon.



Bono puts on an incredibly entertaining show that had the whole stadium rocking.



It was great when they turned on the audience lights and you could see the whole place singing and dancing along.



I was equally fascinated and amazed at The Claw. Just check out these camera & the dolly, plus all the wiring and all technology involved. It was just overwhelming.



Then the screen descended & the honeycomb separated for another cool trick.



Bono & the others had visited NASA while they were in Houston & spoke with the astronauts in space.



Love all the people taking pictures with their cameras below him.



He was always walking quickly when he went by us & this was the best photo that I could manage, but it was still very exciting. I think this is the closest I've ever been to a real celebrity.



The show lasted nearly 2 hours & we didn't leave until the end!







Green guitars...purple guitars- gotta love it!



Just about every seat that I could see was filled.







The lighting was just beautiful & captivating, making the atmosphere for the Houston concert.



On our way out, we got to see the Claw from the front & it was incredibly impressive, especially with the roof open & the fresh air coming down.



Here is a cool little video I took while the crowd sand "Stand by Me"

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My husband is awesome...some days that's enough!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Looks like it was a pretty awesome show!