My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Meat & Potatoes


When I saw this recipe on The Good Wife's blog, I knew it was simple enough that even I could make it. Meat and potatoes around here usually means beef & a baked potato, so I decided this would spice things up a bit. Plus I wanted to sound all special saying I made some delicious Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Bacon & Roasted Potatoes. Start out with some small red potatoes, clean & chop into cubes.




I mixed them up with some seasoning & olive oil.




Then I used my Pampered Chef Stoneware to toss these babies in the oven.




I started out with 2 pork steaks. I have no idea if these are tenderloins or not, but they worked. :) I cut these up into ~1" cubes & added some seasoning.




The whole reason I attempted this recipe was for the chance to have some hickory maple bacon. I took about half of a piece of bacon, wrapped it around the pork cube and then stuck a toothpick into hold it in place. Tip: don't use colored toothpicks!



I heated up some oil in the pan and seared both sides of the pork before putting it in the over.


This meal turned out delicious & it was super easy. (See where my blue toothpick was?)



Directions (Pork)

4 pork tenderloin medallions, about 1 inch thick

4 pieces of bacon

~Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.

~Wrap the tenderloins with the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle one side of the medallions with salt, pepper and the all purpose seasoning.

~Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium high heat until hot and it starts to smoke lightly.

~Add one tablespoon of oil (I use canola) to the pan and add the medallions, seasoned side down. Once the medallions are in the pan, take the time to season the other side. Sear each side of the medallions for 1 to 2 minutes.

~Transfer the skillet to the oven and finish cooking for 20 minutes or until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer registers 140.

~Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.Roasted Potatoes



Directions (Potatoes)

4 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed

Olive and canola oil

1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning

1/2 tablespoon garlic powder

Salt

Pepper



~Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.

~ Wash and scrub the potatoes, removing any eyes. Cube.

~In a medium mixing bowl, combine canola oil (a little over 1/4 cup) with a splash of olive oil. Add the seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.

~Spread the potatoes out on to a cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes, turning once about halfway through cooking.



If you enjoyed this, check out The Good Wife's Blog for many more simple & scrumptious dishes.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We're going to enjoy a fabu meal at a swank restaurant at a steep discount tonight thanks to Houston Restaurant Week.

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Hmm, important safety tip on the colored toothpicks. But maybe they can be used for creating cheap tattoos ...

The Good Wife said...

It looked great Amanda! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the shout-out!