My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Garden Week 17

A mostly uneventful week in the garden, minus a few inches of rain from the Tropical Storm. Our canopy shade blew free a few weeks ago during a rough afternoon thunderstorm, so the plants are growing out of control again.

This was the beginning of the week. Notice anything about our watermelon?
Yea, that's a cantaloupe. I'm not sure how I got all the labels so mixed up, but we grew a nice sized cantaloupe.

The worms continued to wreak havoc on the tomato plants.
I just hate that almost all the leave are gone on some plants.


I decided to put some more worm killer on the plants, and crossed my fingers hoping it wasn't the trigger for Zoe's allergies.

We harvested some more nice cucumbers. We're getting a few every week now.

We were so excited about the cantaloupe that we went ahead and harvested it.


Unfortunately, it was not ready & still very green on the inside. I don't see any more growing, but hopefully we'll get another shot at it.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Off to the Blue Lagoon in Huntsville for my first open water SCUBA dive.

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Things are coming along in the garden! I just had to fence off a couple of our small fruit trees because the rabbits were stripping off all the leaves and breaking the branches. If it's not one pest, it's another pest! ;-)

Christy said...

The leaves in our garden just shot up after the rain too. Nice cucumbers!