My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 30, 2007

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY


DESTINATION DAY 2: WINTER PARK

After a beautiful drive from Breckenridge to Winter Park, we were greeted in Winter Park with more afternoon showers. It was actually a very impressive lightening and thunder show in the mountains. In between showers, we grabbed a lift ticket and rode to the top of the mountain.


I particularly like to torture my poor husband who is deathly afraid of heights by dragging him to the top of everything in sight. To add to his anxiety and to my amusement, I like to photograph his panic. I think he cut his hand from his death grip on the chair lift ;)


A quick ride to the top, a few pictures and a ride back down to the bottom. Our main goal today was to ride the slides. Dozens of people whizzed down the mountain beneath our feet on the slide dual slides. Young faces filled with estatic glee, teenage faces filled with usual boredom and a slight curl of the lips and adult faces filled mostly with fear.



After getting our very over-priced tickets, we wait in line behind a line of giddy kids and a few fuddy-duddy parents. I decided to take the "fast track" on my first ride- hey, why not? The sled had a brake right? H opted for the slow line. I enjoyed the wind in my face, the slight threat of danger and the adrenaline rush provided by a brisk ride down the mountain.


I quickly hopped off my sled at the bottom and got ready to snap a photo of my husband coming down. I had an "oldie" behind me on the ride, who came stumbling off the slide and then I noticed he'd snagged his shirt on the slide somewhere. Well, he snagged his shirt and some skin, from which there was now blood adding to the dirt stain on his sleeve. I waited and waited for my husband, but nobody was coming down the slow track on the slides. Finally, down came my husband- tail gating some grandma with about 4 kids piled up behind him. Apparently, the lady decided to take a sunday stroll down the entire slide at about 5 mph- effectively forcing H to go for a leisure ride and causing quite the traffic jam on the slide. Before I could snap a photo, drunk man wanders on front of the slide.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: A slow ride is better than crashing and burning and bleeding.

No comments: