My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Botanical Gardens



Our next stop was Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, on the backside of Table Mountain.



The first thing to love at this place is the beauty of all the trees.



The whole area was so peaceful and serene, we enjoyed just strolling around, stopping to smell the roses & see the many beautiful and interesting types of plants growing in South Africa.



There were lots of lovely green grass areas and many people out enjoying an afternoon in the park with kids or picnics.



I'm normally not a big flower & plant person, but we did see some really neat and beautiful things at the gardens.



Gee- that sure is blurry when I blow it up, sorry!



I'd never seen a palm tree that looked like it was upside-down.



I was impressed with how organized and symmetric these aloe-like leaves were arranged.



Beautiful trees- all imported, everywhere.



The place was beautiful in late fall, and I can only imagine how spectacular it is in springtime.



This cactus resembles something out of a Dr. Seuss book.



This flower looks like its made out of feathers.



There were lots of exhibits & tons of paths to walk down, but we were only there for a short trip and didn't have time to explore more.



Hubby had to drag me off to the rest of our tour- I could have enjoyed the great weather & amazing views all day long.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Guest bedroom re-decorating is all finished & my first guest arrives tomorrow.

No comments: