My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Driving up Mount Evans


Monday morning, we headed back to Denver & met up with one of Stephanie's friends, who offered to drive us up the world's highest paved road to Mount Evans. Another 14-er peak showing us amazing views, but I especially enjoyed the stop at Summit Lake. I'll just leave this post with photos only and no commentary interrupting the great shots.











GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Ike is still looking like a direct hit, but it's only a Category 2. We'll be fine, but hopefully all those on the coast have evacuated for the expected 20' storm surge.

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

My parents have a picture of my brother and me at that very lake from about 30 years ago! In our picture, taken in July, there is still snow on the lower slopes and even extending into and beneath the water. Maybe I'll have them send me a copy of it so I can post it and we can compare & contrast!

Amanda said...

Those are gorgeous photos! I love the blue in the sky and the lake. And how bright green the patches of grass is. Beautiful!