My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mail from 1989



Mom has recently been cleaning out her house & that means I'm taking possession on many of my old things, including a box full of keepsakes and numerous cards- mostly from 1989. I'm still a bit thrilled to see a personal note to me that Miss Betty took the time to type out the envelope.



This old cardboard filing box contains many memories- from girl scouts to homemade school projects (i.e. "books" decorated in golden wrapping paper).



I'm dating most things in this box circa 1989 when I broke my leg one summer by absent-mindedly riding my bicycle into a parked car on the way home from morning swim practice.



There were numerous mementos from my time as a member of the official Mickey Mouse club.



Look! Back in 1987, girl scout cookies were only $2 per box!



It was great to take a stroll down memory lane revisiting gymnastics certificates and so many touching notes from friends and family from 20 years ago.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: So excited about the new house- contract is signed & inspections are done. Let the appliance shopping begin!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love strolling down memory lane. :)

Those are great! I love the Girl Scout cookie form...brings back many memories. :)

What house?!?!?! Did y'all buy a new house?