My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Family Fishing Trip



For Christmas, my dad gave us a guided fishing trip for the 4 of us & we finally cashed in on Easter weekend. We headed down to Seadrift, TX Thursday after work & woke up early Friday to head out fishing. We were all decked out in our gear & ready to fish!



It was H's first time ever wade fishing & he was excited about it! We bought waders and boots, and Dad let us borrow his spiffy rod & reels.



Our guide was awesome & he had us on fish pretty darn quick! H got the hang of it in just a few minutes and was reeling them in and sticking them on his stringer.



I swear our guide was casting about 20' further than us into the sweet spot and was pulling in a fish for ever 3 or 4 times he threw out his line.



He mostly helped out Brenda & I and would take our fish off the lines for us.



We were catching lots of red fish and quite a few speckled trout. About 1/3 of them were big enough to keep.



We had a blast! Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy, not too sunny...just a great day of fishing, catching and family.



I know my dad is *the* fisherman, but I have few photos of him in action!



Looks like somebody is giving the fisherman a run for his money!



There was another group out with a guide from our outfit and they tried to get on all the fish we were catching.



Nothing like a great stringer of fish...we'll be eating well for a few weeks!



Brenda got big fish of the day award.



Life is good when you are out on the water!



I couldn't find my camera recharger since moving, so I took all of these with my 4 year old waterproof camera that I kept tucked away in the pocket of my waders.



Fish in the cooler are a great sight!



Another fish for me!



Here's our haul...not too bad for a few hours fishing.



We had such a blast & H is every excited about fishing more now, and we are going to try to pick some more dates on the calender to go as a family.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Our house is done (for now) and we've actually living like normal people in it.

No comments: