My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Soy Glazed Salmon


I was so happy I decided to push myself to cook more and give salmon a try on my continuing quest to improve my cooking skills. It's my favorite fish & it is so freaking easy! I can't believe I've never baked it before.


I grabbed a fresh salmon steak from the grocery store, and threw it in a pan.




I added the topping mix below, which took less than 5 minutes and smelled yummy. Throw it in the oven for a few minutes while I prepared some sides.





It turned out SOOO good! I loved how easy it was. I will be coking salmon again soon, but will probably be trying a different topping or sauce.


Taking the recipe this time from Martha Stewart.



1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)


Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, and ginger.
Place salmon on prepared baking sheet; brush with soy mixture. Broil until browned on top and opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Today is like Friday! Yea for 4 day work weeks!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yum!!! I will definitely have to try that recipe. I usually cook salmon with butter, lemon juice, rosemary, and lemon pepper. I wrap each steak in foil and throw it in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Thanks for the new recipe!