My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Houston Garden Center

Before the Flickr meet-up at the museum last Sunday, I wandered around the Houston Garden Center since I'd arrived a bit early. I think the heat had already killed most of the roses, but I'd love to go back in the spring.
There were still quite a few other beautiful flowers and plants that were surviving the stifling Houston heat.


Almost (almost) makes me tempted to try my hand at flower gardening in my own yard.

There are numerous gardening groups that meet here and are responsible for taking care of the grounds.



I was especially drawn to the pink flowers. ;)
I loved this huge tree and had some post-processing fun playing around with it.

I finally realized why my herbs weren't growing better in my garden. I really must need to have a full dedicated herb garden like this one to properly grow all the required spices and herbs. The gazebo smelled wonderful with all the fragrances from the hundreds of different plants growing.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'll be playing volleyball again tonight! I'm helping out at my sister's practice tonight.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Pretty pics! That tree is beautiful! GL tonight and have fun!