My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

House Repairs



We've been busy beavers around our place lately taknig care of a ton of little chores and getting things marked off our "TO DO" list. Although my house was built around 2002, I already have quite a few rotten boards along the back of the house. I don't think the homebuilder used treated wood or put enough coats of paint on them.




It took a while to find a handyman to actually do the work, but I found an awesome crew that came last week and did the work in less than an hour (while I was at the vet with Zoe).




They tore down all the rotten boards along the roof line & replaced them with some hardiplank boards. See our garden back there?




Although the raw color of the hardiplank is fairly close, we still need to paint it just to seal and protect it. I made a deal with H: I'll paint the hallway if he paints the wood on the back. He agreed, but now we need a free weekend to stay home and do the work.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Now mom will have to find something else to nag me about fixing when she comes over to visit.

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

We had to pull down our entire lanai and the boards where it connected to the house, because they were infested with termites. I never heard of hardiplank but it sounds like a great alternative to treated lumber!