My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The George HW Bush Library


After our great Pick & Stomp at Messina Hof, we spent the night in College Station so that we could visit the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum. It's on the Texas A&M campus, and it's only a few years old.


The grounds were beautifully manicured, and nothing in Texas is officially complete without our beautiful state flower, the Bluebonnet.


The architecture and construction of the buildings were quite impressive.



I loved some of the designs and the shapes I could find walking around.


Outside, among the various buildings, there was an incredible sculpture celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall, which happened while Bush was President.




I loved how the artist recreated the fallen wall, complete with freedom graffiti.

I'm not usually sophisticated enough to "get" art, but I could just see the power and grace that these horses represented.



Just 10 years later, it's hard for me to remember a divided Germany, but this compelling sculpture was very moving and powerful.



We enjoyed roaming the empty grounds early in the morning- imaging all the dignitaries that were there just a few years ago to celebrate the grand opening.


Off to check out the inside...


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Signed up for my SCUBA class last night & bought all my gear!

No comments: