My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Valentine's Day in Brazil

Perfect way to spend our Valentine's day in Paraty. We walked down to the pier with all the boats, asked a few for prices, understood none of their Portuguese, so they wrote the price down in the sand, and we were off on our private boat!

We paid R$120 for 4 hours, or about $15 USD an hour for a private boat to take us around the Bay. We enjoyed sitting up top, watching the beautiful green coastline and flowered islands past by at a leisurely pace.

The further out in the bay we went, the more green the water turned.

Really- life doesn't get any better than this!



Some friends from our travel group went on a larger boat with other people.
Our captain was nice and took us to 2 snorkeling spots. I snorkeled at the first place, but stayed topside at the second one to lounge in the sun.

H hopped in the water with the Other Camera and took some neat underwater photos.

I think I might have freaked out a little bit if I saw this many fish around me.

Next, our captain took us to a small beach with lots of our tourists.

We grabbed a snack (french fries) and a few drinks to hold us over till lunch.

My husband has been snorkeling and scuba diving since he was a young child. I'm new to the sport and still get very excited (nervous) about snorkeling.

Bright sun. Light breeze. Blue skies. Turquoise water. Awesome mountains. Green forests.
PARADISE!

Except when we looked back towards Paraty, we noticed some ominous clouds starting to build on the horizon.

"I don't care! It's too perfect right now!"

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Had lunch with my maid of honor today!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Absolutely beautiful and it looks so relaxing!