My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Landing in Auckland




Let's get started on New Zealand photos! I will throw in a few house updates along the way, but it will mostly be a mess for the next few weeks. We flew out to Los Angels on a Continental fight after work on Friday February 15th & then hopped on a Qantas flight to Auckland over night.



I'd never been on a 747 airplane before & it is big! Nothing like being in row 79....it took a while to get off!



The actual flight time was only about 12 hours from LAX & we were treated to some spectacular scenery as we approached Auckland.



Yes, the water really was that beautiful green color from the air & the harbors were really pretty with is hilly coastline dropping down to the water's edge.



Sorry this is so dark, but there were a few boats out enjoying the sunny Sunday afternoon.



I love all the different shades of yellow and green in the landscape. Sometimes you don't get to see anything when you land, but this great scenery was a real treat & made me to excited to get off the plane and start our journey.



I'm assuming that this is somewhere north of Auckland & I was just amazed that so much of the land looked undeveloped & pristine (much like the entire country).



Getting closer to the city, the land levels out & there is more farm and ranch land.



The area had mostly been farmed, but there were a few patches of nice woods.



On our final approach into the city, signs of a bustling town.



Sorry these are so dark- I don't remember editing them like that! This is a very typical thing to see in NZ- a farm area surrounded with a natural fence made of a hedgerow of trees. I *LOVED* these giant wind breaks & how orderly everything looked on the ground.



The Auckland airport is right at the water's edge in a tidal area, so it looks like you are about to land in a giant muddy flat.

I'll do my best to keep blogging through NZ, but with a VERY hectic work schedule & tons of my time needed to finish getting settled in the new house with remodeling going on, no guarantees that I'll get to post everyday. I will toss in a few pup updates & other fun stuff we've got going on in our life before I can finish with all my NZ photos.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: All new kitchen appliances *should* be delivered today- fridge, microwave, dishwasher and oven.

No comments: